According to UNMIK Regulation no. 2001/19 which is completed and amended with UNMIK Regulation no. 2005/15, under the leadership of the Director of the Legal Office and direct supervision of the General Secretary, Legal Office of the MCR has the following duties and responsibilities: 1. Drafting of policies and legislative strategies in close cooperation with the Ministers Cabinet, as well as Departments and other organizational units within the MCR;
2. Drafting of decisions, proposals and various materials required by the Secretary and the Minister. It also prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the work performed by Legal Office requested by the Minister and General Secretary of the MCR
3. Drafting of primary and secondary legislation in close cooperation with the Ministers Cabinet, as well as Departments and other organizational units within the MCR;
4. Ensures the compliance of laws and other regulations proposed / sponsored by the MCR with the legislation of the European Union (Acqius Communitare) and the applicable laws in Kosovo;
5. Gives legal advice, recommendations, guidelines and opinions required by the units and offices within the MCR and the Government;
6. MCR representation in courts, in close cooperation with the Ministry of Justice, as well as assisting in solving disputes in favor of the MRC and the Government.
7. Fulfill legal duties for law enforcement and other legal-field activity of the MCR, and carrying out works which appear ad hoc.