PRESS RELEASE OF MINISTER DALIBOR JEVTIĆ ON THE OCCASION OF THE BREAK IN OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCH IN BABIN MOST
Pristina, September 15, 2020
"I am very upset by the news that the Church of the Intercession of the Most Holy Mother of God was broken into this morning. Churches and monasteries are shrines that we are proud of and that is why I strongly condemn the incident of this morning", said the Minister for Communities and Returns, Dalibor Jevtić, on the occasion of the robbery of the Church of the Intercession of the Most Holy Mother of God in Babin Most near Obilić.
During today's visit, Minister Jevtić's associates found a police team led by the commander and a team of forensic scientists from Priština. According to the locals, this church has been broken into five times so far, and this time security cameras recorded the burglary of two unidentified persons.
"Those who plunder or in any other way damage religious buildings, must know that by doing so, they are doing enormous damage to all those who advocate multiethnicity, tolerance and coexistence in Kosovo." It is on such examples that the competent institutions must prove their efficiency and show that no one will ever be above the law. That is why this time, I call on the authorities to shed light on this incident and provide adequate protection for all religious buildings in Kosovo, "said Minister Jevtic.
In Babin Most near Obilić, in addition to this, there have been several other security incidents since the beginning of the year in which the target of the attackers were Serbs and their property.